Future Energy New Zealand Limited (trading as energyclubnz)
You agree that any information you provide to energyclubnz is correct. We may not be able to supply electricity to you if your information is incorrect or you do not provide us with the information we require. It is important that you contact us and update your details or any information you have provided if they change.
energyclubnz will collect any personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may collect information from you when:
- you use our website or online app –
- to sign up for electricity to be supplied to your address by us,
- to explore products and services, complete surveys or participate in customer promotions;
- you contact us via –
- our webchat or email address,
- any of our social media channels;
- you communicate with us or our authorised agents in any way.
energyclubnz collects personal information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products and services;
- to validate your identity;
- to conduct credit checks and credit scoring to assess your credit worthiness;
- to collect debts (including the sale of debt to collection agencies);
- to provide your credit information (including positive or comprehensive credit information) to credit reporters which may be used by other electricity supply companies if they conduct credit checks;
- to inform you of any products or services which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to develop or improve our products and/or services;
- to conduct market research;
- to perform our responsibilities in accordance with statute, or industry rules and regulations;
- to enforce the terms of our contract with customers or our arrangements with the customer's network company or metering company.
Disclosure of information
energyclubnz will not disclose, sell, distribute or share your personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 or where you have provided authorisation for disclosure. Your personal information may be made available internally and to:
- authorised agents, suppliers and companies (including the network company and metering company) who provide energy related services or are contracted by us to carry out any of the listed purposes.
- debt collection agencies and credit reporting bureaus when we conduct credit assessments or supply credit information in accordance with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code.
- web usage analytics agencies (including Google Analytics) to understand how our website is being used and provide you with a personalised experience.
- insights agencies for conducting market research or contacting you.
- industry regulators including the Electricity Authority, Commerce Commission, Utilities Disputes Limited and law enforcement, government and social agencies to assist in the performance of their functions and meet our obligations under the Guideline on Arrangements to Assist Vulnerable Consumer and the Guideline on Arrangements to Assist Medically Dependent Consumers.
Security of Information
energyclubnz will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected by us from our website or from any communication or interaction with us or our agents is stored in a secured environment and protected from unauthorised access or use. Where your information is stored or processed by authorised third parties, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is securely handled.
You will be required to choose a password when you register for online access to your account (My Account). You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all the activities that occur in your account. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of unauthorised use of your password.
Access to your information
You may request to view, correct or update the personal information we hold about you by emailing our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please notify us of any changes to your information. This will ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
Effective from 8th October 2017.